Spinal Cord Injury is a complex field with patients suffering further complex issues later in life. We have a varied team of Experts working in this field and find individuals from Occupational Therapy, Nursing and Physiotherapy backgrounds carry the skills to be successful Experts.
We work with:
- Spinal cord injury
- Pressure care and manual handling
- Spinal legions
- Vegetative and minimally conscious states
- Cauda equina syndrome
All of our Spinal Experts have worked in regional spinal cord injury centres, specialist care organisations or intensive/critical care settings early in their careers. Many have further experience in the private sector at private specialist hospitals, as independent therapists or as private Case Managers; working independently or with a larger agency.
It is important that clinicians feel comfortable in forming complex care plans that often include directly employed care, 24 hour care and detailed shift patterns. Many clinicians working in specialist units will be responsible for the discharge or repatriation of a patient to their home following a prolonged time on unit. This is excellent experience for understanding the difficulties when moving a spinal cord injury patient back home. Care often forms the largest cost in our reports and we will focus on an individual’s experience in this during our application process. Complicating additional conditions often follow Spinal Cord Injury experience in dealing with these long term effects is useful; pressure care, shoulder injury and bowel/bladder management.
- Complex discharge planning.
- Experience in organising complex care packages and liaison with local community services.
- Strong assessment skills.
- Resourcing skills – knowing what can meet the needs and who will deliver it.
- Realistic understanding of what a claimant/patient/client is likely to achieve over time.
- Experience of how long a course of treatment or an intervention may last.
- Ability to assess how well a client will engage with therapy and if a family will co-operate.
- Ability to justify the needs of a claimant/client/patient using past experience.
At Expert Forum, we are focused on providing quality, both of Experts and their reports. In order to achieve that quality we believe our Experts should maintain relevant, complementary clinical work. Our current Experts work in the private sector as independent therapists or Case Managers, but in our opinion working in a specialist unit or with a specialist care organisation is equally complimentary.
Maximising your potential
As a Expert Forum, Expert you’re able to provide more creative care packages, equipment aids and housing adaptation as you will be able to think beyond the immediate needs and focus on the long term. Expert Forum offers extensive structured support and knowledge sharing throughout your Expert career. We have a large team of Experts and it is great to have this combined knowledge accessible for all. Because of this you will find your experience filtering back into you day job, making you a stronger all round clinician.
Find out what makes us South Africa’s no.1 Rehab Cost Consultancy
CALL: +27 72 046 7707 Email. firstname.lastname@example.org